From next Tuesday (26/5), the Broken Spoke workshop is OPEN for repairs and sales.
Our Opening Hours will be as follows:
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
We have adopted significant physical distancing and hygiene practices both inside and outside of the workshop to minimise risk of virus transmission for both staff and customers:
- No customers will be allowed into the workshop, all consultations will be done with a mechanic at a safe distance outside in our courtyard
- When waiting outside, please keep to the 2 metre markings on the floor.
- We have significantly reduced the number of staff in the workshop to ensure they can work while maintaining a 2 metre distance between them.
- We’re wearing masks and gloves during customer interactions, and washing our hands thoroughly throughout the day.
- All bikes are being sprayed and wiped down before being brought into the workshop by our mechanics as well as being sprayed and wiped down again before being returned to the customer.
We will be selling second-hand refurbished bikes during workshop opening hours.
Check out our new outside bike display rack!
Bikes for Key Workers
We are super excited to announce that we are working alongside Active Oxfordshire, Cyclox and Oxford City Council on the Bikes for Key Workers Project, to provide refurbished bikes free for key workers across Oxford City.
If you want to support this, we are accepting donations of second hand bikes during workshop opening hours.
What else is Broken Spoke doing?
The DIY Workshop remains closed until further notice. Mechanics courses and all Cycle Training remain on pause.
We have been working hard behind the scenes, working on fundraising, planning online activities, planning a re-launch of cycle training and working out how we might re-purpose the DIY workshop.
With love and carefully washed hands,
The team at Broken Spoke xxx