We’re looking for a Communications Volunteer to join our exciting team (how corporate do we sound, bleh!). If you want to become more involved in the Broken Spoke and also get some AWESOME experience in a start-up social enterprise, please get in touch!!
Organisation: Broken Spoke Bike Co-op
Hours: 2-6 per week
Position type: Volunteer
Duration: Indefinite (1 year minimum)
Closing Date: 11 July 2014
Start Date: August/September 2014
Contact Name: Cassiope Sydoriak
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Company: The Broken Spoke is a social enterprise that aims to address social inequality, create a healthier environment, and strengthen the culture of bicycling in Oxfordshire by teaching people from all backgrounds to become self-sufficient and proficient in bicycle maintenance and riding.
The Role & Responsibilities: We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to assist in running the communications of the Broken Spoke. Tasks include:
- Composing and sending one e-newsletter per month
- Composing and posting two (or more) blog entries per month
- Seek and edit blog posts from other contributors
- Update website when necessary
- Update social media (Facebook & Twitter)
Preferred Skills and Characteristics:
- Some knowledge of the following: WordPress, MailChimp
- Some knowledge or experience with graphic design and marketing
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to write with a humorous, engaging, and friendly style in the Broken Spoke ‘voice’
- Enthusiasm about bicycles and environmental issues
- Flexibility and capability of working independently
What You Get:
- A chance to play an essential role in a young social enterprise creating change locally with a large degree of autonomy in your own work and the ability to participate in decision-making
- A chance to work with an energetic team that is passionate about cycling and the environment
- Free entry and use of the workshop, tools, and courses
Training will be provided in Mailchimp and WordPress, and support will be provided for other communications tasks. We are looking for a 1-year minimum commitment.
Please apply by sending an expression of interest to Cassiope Sydoriak (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11 July. We will be in touch shortly afterward to meet over coffee and discuss the role.