Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away…
– Earth, Wind & Fire – September
Whether you want to learn to ride, or give your skills a pre-autumn tune-up, our instructors can help you gain the confidence to ride happily and comfortably on the roads.
We teach three levels of cycle training:
- Level 1a – Taught at an off-the-road location, you will learn how to steer and balance on a bicycle.
- Level 1b – Still taught off the road, you will learn the skills to control and master the bicycle, ready to move on to level 2.
- Level 2 – You will get out on the roads! Level 2 gives you a real cycling experience so that you are able to deal with quiet roads and/or short journeys.
- Level 3 – You will learn the skills to tackle a wider variety of traffic conditions. When you reach level 3 standard you will be able to deal with all types of road conditions and more challenging traffic situations.
All three levels can be taught in a few 2-hour chunks spread over a few weeks. We mainly teach on a one-to-one basis – one instructor and one trainee (that’s you!) at a time. Get in touch if you’d like to arrange a group training session.
Everyone starts at level 1. Sometimes the whole session is spent off the road mastering the control skills, but sometimes it’s just a 10 minute ‘checkover’; it depends on your experience and ability. See the map below for starting locations around Oxford.
Rates are £35 per hour of instruction (this will increase to £40 per hour in October 2016) with one of our National Standard accredited instructors.
Click on the symbol in the top right corner to open a larger version of this map: