“Too little, too late
Everybody gotta medicate
Through the winter when the winter comes down
And all the city comes to hanging ’round”
– The Decemberists, Anti-Summersong
Don’t waste away the winter hanging ’round! You can get out on your bike and ride through the frosty bright January days. Whether you want to learn to ride, or give your skills a Winter refresher, our instructors can help you gain the confidence to ride happily and comfortably on the roads.
We teach three levels of cycle training:
- Level 1a – Taught at an off-the-road location, you will learn how to steer and balance on a bicycle.
- Level 1b – Still taught off the road, you will learn the skills to control and master the bicycle, ready to move on to level 2.
- Level 2 – You will get out on the roads! Level 2 gives you a real cycling experience so that you are able to deal with quiet roads and/or short journeys.
- Level 3 – You will learn the skills to tackle a wider variety of traffic conditions. When you reach level 3 standard you will be able to deal with all types of road conditions and more challenging traffic situations.
All three levels can be taught in a few 2-hour chunks spread over a few weeks. We mainly teach on a one-to-one basis – one instructor and one trainee (that’s you!) at a time. Get in touch if you’d like to arrange a group training session.
Everyone starts at level 1. Sometimes the whole session is spent off the road mastering the control skills, but sometimes it’s just a 10 minute ‘checkover’; it depends on your experience and ability. See the map below for starting locations around Oxford.
Rates are £40 per hour of instruction with one of our National Standard accredited instructors.
Click on the symbol in the top right corner to open a larger version of this map: