With spring here at last, what better way to celebrate your love of cycling by riding along to the Abingdon Cycle Festival? Taking place on Sunday 19th April in Abingdon’s Market Square, the Festival is a glorious celebration of all things bike-related, including organised rides for children and families, live music and more.
Now celebrating its 6th anniversary, the Festival promises to be bigger and better than ever in 2015. There’s something for everyone at this family friendly event, whether you’re young or old, just starting out or a seasoned pro. Here’s just a taster of what is going on:
- Organised rides – starting between 9am and 1.30pm and running throughout the day
- Live bands and food served all day
- A range of stalls featuring local shops, information about local bike routes and local bike clubs such as Abingdon Freewheeling, who run the festival
- The Tri-spinning challenge! A test on a static bike measuring your power-to-weight ratio
- On 18th April there will be a special screening of the documentary “Bicycle”
As if all that wasn’t enough, the Broken Spoke will be on hand throughout the day to offer advice on bike maintenance, cycle training, and loads more.
Find out more about the fab Abingdon Cycle Festival here. We hope to see you there!